Monday, November 17, 2008

Update To Crabby Mom



So GDaddy wanted me to make sure that I posted an update to my Crabby Me post.... as I predicted he didn't appreciate my griping very much. Yesterday he came home from hunting half-way through the day (while still light out) to eat lunch and give me a "run-break". (He took today off, too - let's see if he comes through for me again!)

It was awesome.... I ran 4.6 miles - not a lot, and certainly not very fast. But it worked it's magic on me.

This seems to be one of the only times I have to actually pray without interruption.... it really does seem like I have my best conversations with God when I'm out running. And it felt so good to use my body - to push up the hills and have tight legs when I finished. I wish I had a better camera to capture the amazing view that I have while running - I truly am so blessed to be able to run daily in such an amazing place.

It was exactly what I needed. As I reminded GDaddy "Happy Wife = Happy Life" but he just mumbled something about a mute wife equaling a happy husband.....

Anyway - I didn't take my camera with me while running, but Baby Sis and I went out for a ride on the 4-wheeler later while Little Man & Brian were hunting before sunset. Here are some pics of the view, and a self-portrait of Baby Sis & I on the 4-wheeler. I wish they would turn out as beautiful as what I see with my eyes.

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

I think your pictures are awesome! I'm so glad you had the chance to run. I admire you for being so physically fit. I've really let myself go. I'm working on walking our town's Greenbelt with a friend of mine. I'm all the way up to two miles! Woohoo! lol

Blessings...

Liz said...

what a sweet husband you have...well except for the mute comment....BEEautiful pictures..glad you got to run today!