Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The end of Hunting Season (!!!!!)

Do you hear that sound? That very, very happy sound? It's me, squealing with joy that as of TODAY - Hunting Season is Over!! Wooo Hoooo!!
(Sorry, honey)
You know, it's not that I don't support his hobby or how (incredibly) time-consuming and (incredibly) costly it is.... really. I'm glad he has a hobby that he enjoys. But I'm also REALLY glad when it's done & over with so that he might actually be home during daylight hours and weekends now!
I DO feel bad for him that he didn't get his trophy buck this year.... but we still have THIS hanging on the wall as a reminder of how successful he was last year.
He has, however, recently announced to me that in the near future he intends to switch to Bow hunting...... hmmmm.... Bow hunting has a longer season..... and there's that minor problem of him NOT OWNING a bow - and let's not forget the $$$$$$ we just LAST SEASON spent to purchase his snazzy new rifle, scope, and many accessories that accompany it.
But no, really, things like this come in especially handy when, for example, I wanted to buy a road bike last year. New rifle/scope for GDaddy = new road bike for GMomma. Incredible leverage there. Perfect!

6 comments:

Beth E. said...

Sounds like a plan to me! That bike is yours, girl, I'm sure! :o)

Yep, hubby tried to make pancakes in a popcorn popper. This was many years ago, but still a lesson learned the hard way! lol

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Thanks for your honest feedback on my post. I always tell people that I do not dislike sports as a whole. I just choose to not follow them. There are too many types of people, some of us love 'em, some don't.
My beef comes from people who make rude comments about the fact I am not a sports fan. They say I am crazy, odd, not normal.. whatever it may be.
Is it normal, nice and kind to say those things about others? Not in my book! To the people who love sports, let them. Just please don't try and force me to love them as well. I don't try to make them love running or handbags.
Part of my post came from listening to Rob Bell from Mars Hill doing a sermon which made a comment that really resonated with me. I'm planning on sometime posting a link to it. As soon as my lesson plans are done for next week!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Forgot to say "great job" on the running! I say it doesn't matter how slow or ugly our running looks (and believe me, mine has been both!) at least we are out doing it!

Anonymous said...

lol My hubby is an avid hunter and BOW hunter and it does cost a LOT to get started in Bow hunting!! Like. A lot! And the season is MONTHS longer. Hubby already has taken 2 trips about 10 days each this year. Elk hunting.

How preggers are you? I'll have to explore your blog more and find out.

You made me laugh! Thanks!

God bless-
Amanda

Liz said...

I'm just feeling more and more blessed that my husband doesn't hunt! Glad it's over for your sake!

SometimesSheWhispers said...

Ah, yes...the season of sitting for long hours, sitting in the cold woods and not making even a sniffle because, "you'll scare the deer". Yep, not for me! Of course, neither is spending 14 hours out in the middle of the ocean on a 27 foot boat with a $600 tank of fuel and what amounts to a small bait shop on the deck....

Why can't men focus on the simple things like, say, the nearest outlet store?