Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lots going on this week....

Big Daddy and I have had a busy week.... on Monday night we went to dinner at our friend's Amber & Craig's house. The kids had so much fun - Little Man and their son are "best friends" and they had a great time. Baby Sis was right there in the mix of everything, too - playing with the big boys. They have a 4 1/2-month old daughter and Baby Sis kiss, kiss, kissed her and gave her lots of loves all night. It was adorable.

Tuesday was Veterans Day which Brian had off from work and he hunted a lot of the day- but it was still nice having him home more than usual.

Then last night - on Wed. night - we went to my work's (the farm up at Greenbluff) early Christmas party. The owners do it early because they head South for the winter. It was awesome - my bosses are incredibly generous people. They had an awesome prime rib dinner with all the fixings and they they gave us all very generous gifts. Brian and I got Gonzaga basketball tickets and a $50 gift certificate to our favorite restaurant. What blows me away is that most people who work there work part time, make between $9-$10 per hour - my point is it's not a large company or anything - yet they treat everyone so well. They are the neatest people to work for.

Now tonight, Brian has his end of the season FB banquet at the school. The kids and I aren't going this year - but it means that I don't have to cook for him tonight!!! The kids and I will be happy with leftovers for dinner. Yahoo!

So anyway - I actually love these busy weeks because they make the days fly by and break up the monotony of our normal routine. Now that it's pitch black at 4:30pm it seems all we do is hunker down in the evenings and watch TV - which I can't stand. The kids get so antsy and get major cabin fever. I can't wait til swim lessons start again.

No comments: