Well, many of you know this already - but we are expecting another baby! GDaddy and I are SO very excited about this little blessing.
I am still in my first tri-mester: 10 weeks and 5 days along to be exact - although it feels like I've been pregnant forever and ever since I basically found out the day we conceived.... Let's just say that GDaddy and I are very fertile.
I told my DH the day we *ahem* conceived - "we just made a baby!", very excitedly.... He, however, was not convinced - so a bet was made. I have a very stubborn husband, however, and he is arguing a slight technicality in the original bet as to why he shouldn't have to pay up (with a back rub!). He concedes that while I may have gotten preggers that day - those weren't the terms of the original bet. I'll spare you the details, but as far as the outcome of the bet - we are deadlocked, and nobody is "paying up". :-)
For some of you who have very regular cycles, you should know for the most part - depending on your cycle - when you conceive.... I, on the other hand, have never had a "regular" cycle a day in my life and my due-dates are always huge question marks that need to be determined by an ultra-sound.
So... we did have our first ultra-sound last week to firm up the due date. I told my mid-wife and ultra sound tech that there was NO need because I KNEW when I conceived - and I was DEAD on according to the ultrasound. They were both very impressed!
It was so amazing to see the little munchin..... he (I'm just going to say 'he' because it's nicer than 'it') was only an inch long from head to butt and kind of resembled a shrimp with arms & legs. But, boy - his little arms and legs were already kicking and punching, busy little baby! I'm going to try and post one of the pics from it, but they didn't really turn out that well and may just look kind of blobbish. Plus I have an awful camera and my scanner is on the fritz so I can't just scan it.
Little Man keeps asking about the baby in my tummy and says "I'm gonna be so very very happy!!". I kind of wish we hadn't clued him in on it yet, he's only three and having to wait almost 7 more months is an eternity for him. Baby Sis, is of course, oblivious, but I think they're both going to be such a good brother & sister. They both LOVE babies. We're telling Big Sis tonight when she comes for the weekend, I'm sure she'll be very excited, too, but at her age she's a little more aware of how a new baby changes things. It can be kind of an adjustment for her sometimes because at her mom's house she's the only child.
**Side note for those of you who know me in Real Life and thought I was "done" having kids...... I changed my mind!! And now I think I want 4!

6 comments:
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Hope you have a very easy, happy, healthy pregnancy!
Seriously...did you say four, when you are just newly prego with #3? Are you nuts?! ;) You'll have your own Little House on the Prairie up there!
We are very happy for you, Brian & the kids. Now, I'll never see you at football games!
Congratulations on the wonderful news!
Congrats! I'd make you husband pay up, after all, your carrying the baby!
You know what made me LOL? "I have an awful camera and my scanner doesn't work..." I would say that your camera would have to be pretty darn special to be able to take shots of your uterus! LOL I know, I KNOW...thats not what you meant... but I had to laugh.
Congrats!!! You are a lucky lady! And I was thinking... maybe (seeing as we all know YOu are right) you should conceed this little battle with hubby and 'payup' to him. Make his WHOLE weekend!!!
I bet you would get lots of love in return.
Many blessings-
Amanda
Yea! Congratulations! Now stay away from the critters posted on my blog, lol! I have 2, think I want at least 1 more and Daddy says "no way"......we'll see!
Congratulations -- great news for you!!!
Post a Comment