Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wambling Wednesday


It's time for MORE Wambling Wednesday. Yes, yes. I am OFFICIALLY a dork now. But you all knew that anyway so here goes....
* Re: my previous post - the toaster is fine. It just sparked and flipped a breaker so I am spared of having to purchase a new one.
* My kids both took really long naps today - and I hate to admit this - but it was GREAT. I took a bath, cleaned the house, ate lunch, read the paper. Wow. It's been a long time since they've both been down at the same time for a long-ish nap.
* Little Man & Daddy were wrestling the other night & Little Man bonked his noggin on the edge of the toy box and cried and ended up with a nice sized bluish goose egg. So he's been going around telling everyone "look what Daddy did to me". He told me today after Pre-School that his teacher asked him what happened to his forehead and that he went into great detail telling her that Daddy pushed him into the toy box. Great. Just waiting for the phone call from CPS.
* I've been cleaning like a mad woman. Got family coming tomorrow (Brian's mom & sister) to stay for a couple days and our small little house is not known for its cleanliness. It is, however, known for sticky handprints and crumbs under the couch cushions. And the occasional half-eaten apple found in a drawer.
* I forgot to bring my camera but we all went on a hay ride with our church on Sunday night then played in the gym and ate treats afterwards. Us grown-ups mingled and drank coffee while the rug rats ran around chasing basketballs. Baby Sis managed to grab about 5 cookies off the table that were just within reach. We had lots of fun. I love our little country church. It's so awesome that we can start a hay ride right from our church and head out to the farm fields. I think it's so ideal.
* I am so, so, SO excited that I get to run errands tonight WITHOUT my children. Love 'em, but hate shopping with them!! I am going grocery shopping to stock up for our company AND to look for Halloween costumes because it's 9 days away and they still don't have them!! Before becoming a mom I would've never thought that I'd be so excited to shop alone.

No comments: