It's starting to become obvious to us that Momma cat is gone. As in, has been "got" by something. We haven't seen her in a week & a half. What got her, we're not sure - probably an owl. We live in the country so I realize there can be a fair amount of danger for our outside kitties here. I like to comfort myself and think that she had a good life with us while she was here. We rescued her from the pound; she had recently given birth to kittens (hence her name) and was found on the city streets. She took to country life quite quickly and soon was the boss of all the other kitties. We adopted Tikka -a kitten- at the same time and they kind of became surrogate Momma/Baby to eachother. I can tell Tikka is lonely now, she's looking for Momma.
We miss Momma, she was a good cat. Very sweet and patient. She would let Baby Sis carry her all around and not even try to get away. It's funny how all the critters knew Momma was in charge, even the goats. No one messed with her.
I'm still holding out some hope that she'll turn up one day, but it's not looking so good...

No comments:
Post a Comment