Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Love List





I thought about creating a list of irritations because that's the kind of mood I'm in at the moment, but decided that's not the person I want to be & I don't want to bring anyone else down with me.
So instead I'm going to creat a list of things I love and that I'm thankful fo- I'm focusing on the positive. So here goes:
#1 the Lord - I have to admit that I feel a little cheesy saying that, like it's so stereotypical - but what He has done for me in my life is amazing. And I know He's not finished.... I feel like he's cultivating me (that term was used in Bible study this week and it's so fitting). I feel like he's putting me through some hard times to open my eyes to some things I've been ignoring. Also, I can honestly say that every hard time I've been through in my life - while I would never want to repeat them - has spit me out for the better once it's all said and done. I have a thick skull. I have to learn things for myself by getting myself put through the wringer.
#2 My Family - of course. It's such a strong love that it sometimes overwhelms me. Every night right before I go to bed I go to check on the kids one last time. Brian just rolls his eyes at me now because at least once a week I tell him that I just stand over them as they sleep, and want to cry - I love them so much it makes my heart hurt. Having kids has made me a better person and has absolutely been a blessing. I feel like I have been so incredibly blessed with this family, our circle - my husband and kids. I could also go on and on about my extended family, and how they all mean so much to me.
#3 Our health. I have 2 beautiful, perfectly healthy kids. Brian & I are healthy. I read so many of the other blogs out there and it really makes me realize how lucky I am, and I don't want to ever forget that.
#4 Our home. I love that I don't have to worry about my kids playing near a busy street or strangers walking by. I love that I can go out to the car in my underwear and that at night when I look out at the lights it feels like we're on top of the world. I love that neighbors passing eachother out here on the road wave at eachother. I love that I can put the kids on the 4-wheeler and just go, right from our driveway - and within minutes be exploring the mountain. I love watching the kids play in the dirt and get absolutely filthy. And I love going for a run right before/during sunset (I got to do it again tonight!!!). I love that it feels like home even if it isn't fancy, or big, or clean.

Well - my list has worked and now I'm in a better mood. But now I want to go crawl into bed with Brian and cry because I love everything so much. Ok, so I totally realize that I am evidently quite hormonal and will probably be very embarassed about this post in the morning. And Brian will be mortified if anyone he knows reads this because he is anti-emotion. But once again, it's my blog - right? Goodnight.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Awwww.....you made ME tear up! Gosh!