Monday, October 27, 2008

"Not Me! Monday"


Okay - I realize that I skipped last week's "NMM" but I'm back today. Mondays have been hard for me lately. My weekend job is insanely busy. I do not stop moving once the entire time I'm there. Then I go home feeling guilty that I've been away from my family all weekend. Sniff - I don't like it!! I miss the crazy clan! So - long story short, I'm usually exhausted on Mondays and trying to catch up on my laundry and housecleaning that seems to multiply by the 100's while I'm gone....
Anyway - here goes - if you're not familiar with "NMM" then head on over to MckMama's blog at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ to see what the fun is all about.

* I am not thrilled that my children are content to play inside (and they're even being semi-quiet) this afternoon because I am too, too, TOO tired to take them outside. There are no couches outside, ya know?
* I am not so excited that there is only one week of football for Brian left - no, I am not!
* I did not during two different trips to the grocery store forget crucial ingredients for dinner while Grandma Debbie & Aunt Tracie were in town. I am not a complete ditz!
* I did not buy Little Man corn dogs from Zips for his "sack lunch" for his Pre-school field trip last week..... there's no way I did not make him a nutritious lunch just because they said no peanut butter allowed due to allergies and no way did that completely confound me as to what to pack for him.
* I did not completely enjoy that Brian's mom & sister were here and more than once "let" them feed, dress, and or change my children's diaper while I did nothing.
* I did not put Little Man to bed without brushing his teeth last night just because Brian brought him home asleep AND I did not then forget to brush them this morning before pre-school.
* I also did NOT think about strangling this obnoxious little teen-aged girl at work just because she drives me absolutely insane! I am NOT that immature!
* And finally - I most certainly did not hide the Toys'R'Us Christmas catalog from the kids because- well.... I just don't want to hear "I want" and chances are very good that they'll get nothing from that store anyway.

I know there's more but I'm too dingy and tired to think of any at the moment. I'll blog about Grandma Debbie & Aunt Tracie's visit soon and catch up on a few other things as well. Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hehe... I don't enjoy the kids being content to stay inside... LOL! I was exhausted today!

Rachel said...

I forget things at the grocery too...I always realize what I forgot as soon as I start putting the stuff I did remember away!!

Robin said...

Oh, I so did NOT do the same thing with our Toys R Us catalog! Too funny. (Actually, I left ours on the desk for 2 whole days and then realized that no one had seen it yet, came to my senses and stuffed it way down in the garbage can so there was no chance of them finding it in there!)

Great "not me's"!

Robin