He is GD's dad's brother, and there are a total of 6 brothers and sisters in the family and they are all a tight bunch. He is a much loved son, brother, father, husband, uncle, and grandfather.
I ask that your prayers be with his family, especially his wife Nancy of 30+ years, his children, his mother, actually I don't know where to end - so many people are so deeply effected by this. Steve has a large circle of dear friends and he is, and will be greatly, and deeply missed. I am so very sad for their entire family.
Steve was a royal smart ass and always made everyone crack up with his crude sense of humor. He also had a great big heart and loved his family dearly.
I wish I had a better recent picture of him, but this is him behind Aunt Tracie and Baby Sis sitting on the picnic table at our annual 4th of July camping trip.
Our family will be leaving town Friday to attend the memorial. Please pray for us to have safe travel as we are in for some big snow storms in addition to our below zero weather that we've been having. Right now it has been snowing all morning and the kids and I are hunkered in for the day not going anywhere. We'll have about a 4 hour drive ahead of us through some fairly rural, forest areas and passes so we'll need your prayers. We do have 4wheel drive and chains, however. We've been having problems with our pipes freezing since it's been so cold so I worry about leaving the house empty in this weather. Luckily, we have some great neighbors who have offered to look after the place.
Thanks everyone!

3 comments:
I am so sorry and will be praying for peace for all who are hurting...
And for 4 year old Hannah as well.
Such heartache and loss.
Safe journeys for you and yours-
Amanda
Deepest sympathy and prayers for the family and friends of Steve. Praying, too, for your safe travel.
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the service went as well as it could and I've been praying for everyone. It's so hard to lose someone out of the blue.
Post a Comment