Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow Day!!

Well we were forecasted for a HUGE storm followed by "arctic" cold.... we did get about 4 inches of snow but I don't think I'd call that "huge". As far as the cold, it is already here and supposed to get worse. Luckily the wind and the cold hit after the kids spent most of the day playing in the fresh snow. They had a great time, Little Man had never gone sledding before, and he absolutely loved it! He actually had a huge fit at the end of the day because he didn't want to come inside. The benefits of living on a mountain are definitely great sledding hills. Here's Timber "helping" Big Sis & Little Man get their start. And yes, this is the same picture I now have on the header of my blog AND the same picture I am planning to use for our yet-to-be-ordered-much-less-addressed Christmas cards - but isn't it cute? Here's Little Man in action heading down the hill...

And here's our newest addition looking adorable...

And finally, Big Sis looking worn out after another trek up the hill....


After Round 1 of sledding the kids came in for some Hot Cocoa - which Little Man adores - as evidenced by this photo:

And finally, to wrap up our fun-filled day the kids and I made cookies. I showed them how to roll the dough into little balls and then roll the balls in the powdered sugar, which Baby Sis adores - as evidenced by these photos...
Looks like good clean fun, right?

"Look Sis, this is how you roll them in the powdered sugar..."

"Yum, powdered sugar is good!"

"Reaaaaallly Gooood!!!"


Okay, I know that this is an extra long post today with an excessive amount of photos, but it's my blog - right? I love showing off my kiddos!

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

What great pictures! I remember the days when our boys were little, and we'd play out in the snow. We'd come inside, throw our clothes in the dryer, make lunch (or hot chocolate), get dressed again and head back outside! We had a blast...looks like your family did, too. :o)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

i was thinking about you all weekend- hoping the snow wasn't taking you down! I am glad to hear it wasn't as bad as they thought. I love the new layout and pic! If you go into the HTML code, you can move the little rectangle that says "cutest blog on the block"
I always move mine to the bottom of the page. Have a great one!
p.s. I hide my gut too.

Beth E. said...

You're right...my boys were totally embarrassed...They couldn't believe I made that remark! Serves 'em right...if they'd spend a little more time at home, I'd get used to having them around again! haha

Anonymous said...

You better show off your kids when they are that cute! Fun day... great memories... I LOVE reading about stuff like this!

many blessings-
Amanda