Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I can beat you"


So Little Man is not lacking in self confidence.... anyone who knew his father in his childhood would know instantly where this is coming from. Little Man is also obsessed - and I do mean OBSESSED - with the movie "Cars". So now he races around everywhere and is always challenging everyone to a race.
"I'm the beater, mom. I beat everyone".
"I'm the fastest kid in the world".
"I can beat you, old man". (from Cars when Chick Hicks calls the King Strip Weathers 'Old Man' *sigh*)
Unfortunately, he doesn't just say these challenges and overly-confident remarks to US, he says them to everyone.
At the feed store the other day he made sure to announce to anybody within earshot "I'm the fastest kid in the world, watch!" as he races down the aisle to demonstrate his speed.
This is everyday, all day, injected into every conversation.
So (full story to follow in next post) after his Christmas Pageant performance at church on Sunday, a little old church lady approaches him...
"You did a very good job singing, young man."
He responds:
"I can beat you!".
"Uh, wha...? Excuse me".
Oh man.

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I *love* these obessions they have! My oldest thought he was a train for 1 1/2 years, so when people would talk to him, he would answer like a train! Sounds like our 2 boys may be a bit similiar!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Too cute. Someday...you will look back and laugh??? lol Hopefully anyway. Mine loves cars as well...but so far only says "ker-chow!"

Many blessings-
Amanda

Beth E. said...

Little boys are such fireballs of energy! Oh, to have just a little of that energy for myself! He's adorable. :o)