It seems like just in the last week or two I'm really starting to look pregnant. Which is so much nicer than just looking chubby.
I got on the scale this morning and I've officially reached the 10lb mark in weight gain. I usually have NO trouble gaining "enough" weight.
I'm hoping this diabetic diet will help keep me from becoming such a chubbo this pregnancy. My last 2 pregnancies I ate with a gusto and then paid for it for months following the birth of each child. I'm trying to stay active this time around (I got on the treadmill 5 days last week!!) in hopes that I can be healthier and feel better throughout.
Plus, I am usually plagued with vericose vein "issues" whenever I'm prego - hoping the excercise will help those symptoms.
It's actually weird, I am more motivated now than I've been in a long time. I think it's all the blogs out there I've been reading about the miles people are logging and their plans for spring & summer races. (So as envious that I am of all of you - you are also motivating me!) I've been re-reading all my old issues of Runner's World and planning and thinking ahead to after the birth of this little bambino.
BY THE WAY we have our ultrasound TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO, SO, SO EXCITED TO FIND OUT WHAT THE BABY IS. LIKE SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!
Ok -whew- going back to what I was saying I am already looking ahead to training after the babe is born - I'm pretty sure I'm going to plan on a half-marathon here in town in Oct - 4 months after I give birth. I talked to the coach of the women's running group I train with and she totally thought it was do-able.
OH AND I have been talking with her about forming a training group here in my part of town, ever since we moved up here to the mountain it is so hard to drive an hour & train with my group. That would be SO incredibly awesome to have a group here, in my neck of the woods. I'll blog more once I know more. Still in the baby stages of planning.
AND (I'm just so proud of myself so I have to tell everyone) I got on my bike (on the trainer in the shop) yesterday for the first time in ages - I was pathetically weak - but I'm hoping to ride a couple days a week just to keep my legs somewhat strong. AND in about 3 weeks I'm going to start swimming laps at the Y on Wed. evenings. So, if you need a laugh, head on over to the Y to check out the whale swimming laps on Wed. nights.
I know this is boring for all of you to read, I am just so excited to have something to look forward to and it really helps me feel more motivated about staying healthy this pregnancy.
So wish me luck for my ultrasound tomorrow. Did I mention that I AM SO EXCITED???!!!

2 comments:
And I am excited FOR you! You look so cute with that little baby in your tummy. :o)
Wow, you sure are motivated with your health and your running. I think that's awesome...maybe you could send some of that motivation to me. lol
I love the pics and video of your sweet kiddos swimming. They aren't afraid of the water at all, are they?! It is evident how much love they have for their daddy!
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I always look forward to hearing from you. :o)
Blessings...
The pics of the kids swimming were super cute. Love the cute belly as well. I hope the ultrasound was fun. I loved being able to see the baby swimming around.
BTW, my hubby never thinks he has to do any cooking, cleaning during the summer when I am off. I am stuck doing it all...
Post a Comment