
I have been too lazy and uninspired lately to participate in "Not Me! Monday" but here goes. Hop on over to MckMama's blog to see what all the fun is about. http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/01/not-me-monday_12.html
It's a perfect way to let us women be totally not honest about the things we did not do (as MckMama says).
I did not sneeze this morning before I'd used the bathroom, which absolutely did not cause me to pee my pants so that I had to go change. (I love pregnancy side effects).
I did not consider rushing around the house in a big hurry straightening things up and cleaning before Brian got home from Portland so that he'd think I was super productive while he was gone. Alas, I also did not give up on that idea because it would've required me to get up off the couch and I was not far too tired for that.
I did not haul my family to Costco last night before they closed to stock up on frozen food because cooking is the last thing I want to do lately and we live too far out for pizza to be delivered.
I am not allowing my small children to play in a very full sink of dirty dishes and water because it's keeping them happy and busy even though they're making a huge mess just so I can work on my Not Me's.
I am not totally and completely 100% envious of all the runners I've been reading about on their different blogs as they outline their marathon and half marathon training plans. I do not wish I could still train even though I am 18 weeks pregnant. It does not hurt my pride that I look nothing like a runner right now. I have not been dreaming about running lately and my pride certainly is not tempting me to advertise to the world that even though I just look like a chubby preggers mom right now in the last 2 summers I've done numerous triathlons, half marathons, 12ks, 10ks, duathlons,5ks, and a 24 hour team relay race. NO Not Me!!!!
I DO NOT have a pride problem Because Pride is Wrong!
And lastly, I did not secretly roll my eyes at the other mom at the gym daycare who wants to know my workout schedule so that she can plan to NOT COME TO THE GYM the days my kids are at the daycare because Baby Sis evidently bopped her little angel over the head with a toy. Seriously. They're not even 2 yet. I was not totally annoyed with same mom because she obviously wanted me to do punish Baby Sis and make her not bop her little angel anymore. Anybody have any magic answers on how to make not-quite-2-year-olds NOT fight over toys?
Well, there you go. I've taken the weight of all the things I did Not Do off my shoulders and placed them out there for you all to see.
Happy Monday!

5 comments:
Oh my dear! I can't believe the other woman is that anal about a little bop on the head. IT happens!! Geez. I laughed hard over your lack of motivation to clean- me too! Except, I am not pregnant. What is my excuse?
YOu will run again, soon enough! It is hard though, I hated not working out as much when I was preggo
I would not have bopped that mom over the head, and told her to get over it. haha
Hang in there, girl...you will run again! :o)
You poor thing! I am sorry you cant go running. I will run for you. Wait. I hate running. I will sit on my couch in support of you! :)
As far as other people trying to discipline your child.. well... I got nothing. I would say, blow her off and move on, but would totally be talking out of my butt as I could never do that. I would sit and dwell and make it all worse in my head. Just dont do that!
Many blessings-
Amanda
Any ideas how to not get children to fight over toys......LOL
That woman needs to learn that kids are kids...
Also, I laugh at the peeing...I did that and I am not even pregnant!
If it makes you feel any better, you and Arlene have inspired me to do the 1/2 marathon. Really. So, you should feel proud that you've inspired someone who never thought they could (or really wanted to) run 1 mile, let alone attempt to train for something like this.
That lady....wow. I work with dozens of women, some of them very brash, but she takes the cake.
Post a Comment