Saturday, January 10, 2009

Swim Lessons and more....




Little Man & Baby Sis started swim lessons again today. They had SO much fun. Little Man was absolutely giddy with excitement.

Baby Sis is still in the parent/child class and since GDaddy is out of town, my lovely and fantabulous mother offered to come along and swim with my little miss for her lesson. I would've done it myself..... but to be honest - I just don't want to. I used to take Little Man to parent/child swim lessons when I was preggers with Baby Sis and it completely exhausted me. It was like a half hour wresting match. I have no desire to go through that again.
And lucky for me Grandma loves to go swimming with our little angel so she was happy to oblige.



_____________________________

Walking down our (very icy) driveway after swim lessons Little Man slipped and landed on his face - hard. I was worried his tooth had gone through his lip at first but he just cut it up good. Poor kiddo.

Then not more than 30 seconds later while holding Baby Sis and maneuvering my pregnant self down that same icy driveway I bit it. Luckily, I held on good to her and she just landed on top of me. I was fine but it knocked the wind out of me and shook me up a bit.

_____________________________

We've had a lazy afternoon since. For some reason even though I wasn't the one in the pool the whole swimming lesson thing exhausted me. I think it's the combination of packing up a duffel bag, hauling 2 kids up an icy driveway and driving down our mountain into town. Changing 2 kids, finding the right class, dashing back and forth between the 2 classes to take pictures, hauling 2 wet kids back into the lockerroom, showering them, dressing them, hauling now tired & hungry kids back into the car that did me in. Granted my lovely mother was there to assist me otherwise I'd be asleep right now.

We're now chomping on popcorn and watching old cartoons.
Lazy, lazy Saturday. First it was Pebbles & Bam Bam, then Popeye, and now the Pink Panther. My kids love this stuff! Yes, you counted right. 3 cartoons.

I'm really hoping dinner magically appears on my doorstep so I don't have to cook.

I now have popcorn all over the livingroom floor and the kids are tackling eachother.


________________________________

Did anyone else read and love MckMama's post today? The one titled "Who are all these people and why are they calling me MckMama" - I really liked it. I love stuff like that. I thought for a half second about copying her, but I'm really not that interesting and it seems like it'd take a lot of work.

_________________________________

UPDATE to "Popcorn, Splenda and Peanut Butter"

Ok. I am eliminating the Splenda (and much joy) from my diet. Evidently there's no way of cheating this. I can't have real sugar, and I can't eat fake sugar. Period. *sigh*


__________________________________

I didn't do any laundry last night. I didn't take a bath and I most certainly didn't shave my legs. I didn't even watch TV.

I did lurk mindlessly through blogs of people I've never visited before. I think about commenting but then wonder if that's weird?

I also spent 45 minutes on the phone with my mom.

I didn't go to bed as early as I'd wanted.

There's always tonight!!

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

Hey, if you're gonna have to maneuver down icy driveways, haul kids back and forth from swim lessons, etc., then WHY shave your legs??? You need the extra insulation to keep warm...at least, that's the excuse I use! lol

Blessings to you...

Melanie said...

I hope you're not too sore from falling! That's kinda scary. Grandma said she enjoyed swimming with sis. I think we're going to sign H&H up for lessons in the very near future. We really need to get on it.