
It's almost here!!!
Tomorrow the "Spokane to Sandpoint" team relay race begins. I am running with 11 other team members - we each take 3 legs of the 190 mile race. Our team name is "Where is the damn coaster?" which is a reference regarding running to Silverwood and getting to ride the Tremors rollercoaster at midnight. We have 2 support vans and we run continuously through the night and sleep in the vans when we can. Some of my teammates' legs are way in the boonies in the middle of the night so some of us will ride a bike along with them as they run for safety.
I am runner #12 and my legs are 4.2 miles, 5.5 miles, and 5.6 miles long. I will be running along Mirabeau, into Silverwood, and then into the beach in Sandpoint.
Go to http://spokanetosandpoint.com/ if you want to check it out. They have contests along the way and lots of fun activities. The first leg I am running is part of the Wig contest - I still need to rummage around in the shop and find Brian's mullet wig to wear.
The race starts around 8am on Friday and we are expected to arrive to the beach in Sandpoint around noon on Saturday. Since I am runner #12 I am the one who "brings it home" but that may be anti-climactic for the rest of my team. I've already told Rachel not to expect me to come sprinting across the finish line.
Please send out a "good luck" to Brian as well as he will have all 3 children at home by himself while I am gone. I am a lot heartsick about leaving my babies - it's the longest I've ever left them - but I know they will have a great time with Dad. Bis Sis will probably have her hands full as I'm sure Bri will rely on her a lot. She is a big help.
I'll post a blog when I return and hopefully will have good stories to tell!!
Angie
Angie

No comments:
Post a Comment