Brian and I took Little Man & Big Sis to Splashdown Water Park today. Baby Sis was voted Most Likely to Ruin the Day so she spent the day at Grandma's house instead. Poor Baby Sis! We missed you! Maybe next year!! She did get to spend some time in Grandma's apartment pool splashing around and showing the neighbors her muscles so she had plenty of fun. She is a social bug, when I got there all the neighbors knew her by name and were giving her high 5's. Neither of my kids have ever been accused of being shy....
We had a lot of fun at Splashdown. Big Sis was the only brave soul to take on the Cannon Bowl (or maybe it was just that she was the only one willing to endure the line??) and she even went down the Fast Pitch twice. I went down it once and promptly decided that I'm too old for such a thing. Thank goodness the slide is over before you realize because if that straight drop had lasted any longer I might've passed out from the panic. I had my eyes squeezed tight the entire time in hopes that that would make it all just go away but no luck. In the end I survived but did experience an extreme wedgie.
Little Man had a blast, I thought he was going to absolutely burst with joy and excitement. He loved going down the big slides with Dad and especially loved that he could go down the little slides by himself.
We sugared the kids up nice and good before heading back to Grandma's house where we stayed and ate dinner and played for a while longer.
Tonight we have some over-tired kids (why doesn't that mean they'll go to bed easily?) and some pooped parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment