I have babies on the brain. Actually - to clarify - I have MY babies on the brain.
As the end of my pregnancy draws near (it is drawing near, right?!!?) I am becoming a bit more emotional. A bit more sentimental.
Little Man turns 4 in 10 days. Didn't I just give birth to this child? I came across these pics of him the other day, taken when he was about 6 months old.


They are still some of my favorite pictures taken of him. My wonderfully talented friend Latona took these at her house. I still remember the day. I remember how in love I was with my first born. My only son.



Wasn't he beautiful? These pictures almost make me cry. I was in love with him instantaneously. I thought he was the most beautiful child I'd ever seen.
And then there's my first daughter.....

I was so scared to have a girl...
I was a boy mom. I didn't know how to be a girl mom, for Heaven's sake. I was a tomboy growing up. I have brothers. I always felt more comfortable with boys and never really understood girl games, and girl intricacies. I was scared to death.
But - she stole my heart. I love this little girl.



I love her in such a different way than I love my son. She makes me laugh. I adore her huge brown eyes and endless eyelashes. I love her funny little personality. I love how much she loves me - is that weird?
Why didn't I enjoy those crazy times more? Those insanely crazy times that come with having 2 kids under 2-years old...... I don't ever want to take those (these) moments for granted again. I'm already far too aware of how fast it's going.
They're not going to stay babies forever. But they'll always be my babies.
I love thinking about what my next little girl might be like, look like. Will she look like Little Man, Baby Sis, neither, both?

4 comments:
Ah, overdue! I am so sorry for you!! I hope baby comes soon!
Praying your baby will be born very soon. :)
These are such sweet pictures!
Blessings,
Beth
Love those pictures and thoughts... but man oh man, you are PREGGERS!!! I hope its soon!
God bless-
Amanda
Have you had a baby yet?!?!????!!!!!
Post a Comment