Tuesday, June 16, 2009

STILL cookin'


I am STILL with child.... and now 2 days overdue. Like the self-portrait taken with my cell phone in the kids' bathroom while I chatted on the home phone? cute, eh? I apologize for how grainy it is.

Little Man was "officially" 17 days overdue - which isn't entirely accurate - they eventually stated with him that they really had no clue as to my accurate due date. He was born weighing 8lbs, 13oz.

Baby Sis was born ON her due date - which may not be entirely accurate either. Long boring story about my anatomy but my cycles are anything but regular and her due date was decided by an early ultra sound. Maybe she was a little "late" too. Who knows. She was born weighing 8lbs, 7oz.

At any rate - for some reason I had it in my head that this being my 3rd child - that she would come a bit easier, and a bit earlier. It still remains to be seen if it will be any easier, but is definitely not earlier.

This pregnancy is my first ever where I am absolutely confident of the due date because (warning:TMI alert) I absolutely know without a doubt the day we conceived.

So here I am, 2 days late. Which really, is fine. My only mistake was setting myself up by being convinced all along that she would be early.

So now I sit, each day, waiting.

I am getting increasingly uncomfortable. Today I have been really crampy with kind of a stomach ache. So maybe that means something.

I was bad and skipped my dr. appointment last week for many reasons:
1) It's a 45 minute drive each way for me
2) I didn't feel like taking the kids with me to yet another appointment and having them ask a million questions about why on earth Mommy is peeing in a cup or why I'm pantless with my legs in stirrups. It's not very convenient to take a 2 and almost 4-year old to the ob-gyn.
3)I knew for 1 1/2 hours worth of driving I would just be told that she's fine & no, I'm not in labor. Both of which I knew already. She kicks the crud out of me non-stop so I know she's fine. And duh, I'm not in labor.

Well, I have another appointment tomorrow and will actually go to this one because now I'm curious if I'm dilated or anything.

Not that any of it really matters. I'm a bit stubborn and won't let them intervene at all. Like I said in a previous post, she'll come when she's good and ready.

I'll try and keep posted once The Big Event Happens.

In other news, we got a new puppy. Crazy people that we are. I'll post pics of her eventually. Also, school is almost out for Brian but Football is already making me insane and it's only June. My husband is a bit fanatical about FB.

See ya!!!!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I found your blog through Amanda's. I so laughed out loud at this post. With my third I went to a midwife's office that had a play room for the kids. So nice. I don't think I would have gone for any of "those" appointments if I couldn't have told them to go play! Hope baby comes soon and all is well.

Bethany

Beth E. said...

I love your pregnancy picture. What a pretty tummy you have! Hang in there...it can't be much longer, right?

Blessings,
Beth

Amanda said...

WOW!!! I skipped a dr's appt. or two as well... they are just the same old stuff every week and it gets old when you have a long drive and small kids!!! I felt like I was doing more harm then good bringing them to the hospital!!!

I am so glad you are OK and not freaking out and that this birth is going to be amazing and beautiful and wonderful!!!!

SOOOO excited!!!

God bless-
Amanda