Friday, April 17, 2009

Movin' on out....


Our little chicks are still little - and still many weeks away from being big enough to move outside to their yet-to-be-cleaned-out-and-spiffed-up chicken coop.
BUT they are big enough to be kicked out of my bathroom.
They had taken a liking to roosting on the edge of their box and pooping on my bathroom floor.
They also were escaping the box from time to time and exploring the bathroom.
In short, they were becoming pains in the rear.
So we recently moved them out to the sunroom and into a larger home - a small plastic swimming pool.
Little Man was not happy about all of this. First of all, I realized that he didn't know that chickens don't always live inside.... and secondly he was quite miffed about the new use of his summer toy.
Perhaps MOST miffed of all, though, were the cats. The sunroom was undoubtedly Rodeo and Tikka's humble abode where they would lounge for hours on the patio furniture.
The cats have since been kicked out to the deck much to their horror..... and have now been spending their days stalking the new occupants of the sunroom. I swear they literally are salivating at these 9 little "nummy treats". (I say 9 because we lost one a couple of weeks ago).

It is not unusual to find either Rodeo or Tikka staring longingly through the glass...

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

Do the chicks still hop out and run around? They sure are cute! Your cats are crackin' me up...those pictures of them looking at the chicks are a hoot. :o)

Amanda said...

Wow!! I want some! lol Seriously though. I only want some to eat. AHHH!! I am terrible. And some eggs.

God bless-
Amanda