Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

My Moms in Motion group put on an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids in our little community. We also held a bake sale at it with all the proceeds benefiting our rural association's community center playground area.
That morning I woke up to a downpour of rain (the day before had been amazing). But we decided that the show must go on.
Luckily it stopped raining about 45 minutes before the hunt..... stayed dry during the hunt, and didn't start up again 'til we were almost finished cleaning up.
I thought it was a complete success! We had many kids show up and raised $107 for the playground improvement fund!
We will hold this as an annual event from now on. I love our little farming/rural community and it's so nice to bring the kids out for events like this to have fun and meet eachother.

Baby Sis with her loot...


Big Sis, Little Man, and Baby Sis with some of their neighborhood friends waiting patiently to find some eggs....


Big Sis & Little Man

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

Look at the smiles on all of those faces! It's easy to see they all had a blast. I'm glad you raised some money to put in the playground improvement fund. Good job!

Blessings...

Amanda said...

My goodness they are adorable!

God bless-
Amanda