
Once again I have lots of catching up to do here in bloggy world.... but one thing I am super excited about is that I've been heading to the Y to swim laps.
It has been a long time since I've been swimming.... I did it a little this summer but we were so busy getting settled from our move (and riding our 4-wheelers) that I didn't do it as often as I'd have liked.
I even started taking adult swim lessons 1 night a week. Of course I already know how to swim but the coaching is very similiar to the instruction I get from my Moms In Motion coaches. He runs us through drills to improve our endurance and watches our stroke, giving us tips to maximize each stroke. I am half-way thinking about doing a sprint tri again this summer after I have the baby, but we'll see.... At any rate it's a great prego friendly exercise and lots of fun!
I am totally loving it. I forget what an awesome work out it is, and best of all - I don't feel pregnant in the water. Except for when one of the men in my class jokingly pointed at me and said that it was no fair that I had my own built in "flotation device".

2 comments:
I used to swim ALL the time until G came along. I even taught little kids swimming lessons. We need to join the Y so I can start again. It will be embarrassing how out of swimming shape I'll be though. You're right, it's an incredible workout.
So what I want to know is this...did you SMACK that man??? LOL
Post a Comment