I've realized that I haven't blogged much lately, nor posted any interesting photos! What's new? Well, Little Man was sick last Thursday (pukey sick) and Baby Sis has been a Crabby Cakes with that bad cold that's going around. I am getting it now too, and now fully understand why she's been crabby - my head feels like it's going to explode. Brian says he feels like he's fighting it but he has an awesome immune system so I'm sure he'll stay healthy unlike the rest of us.
Above is a picture of my poor Little Man sick and snoozing on his Spiderman couch in the livingroom.
Our Fall schedule is turning out to be too busy, I am going to re-evaluate everything once swim lessons and baseball ends. We have far too few precious "lazy" moments of hanging out at home. The kids are getting sick of being hauled in and out of the car. Especially since it takes at least 30 minutes one way to go anywhere.
They both love the swimming, but Baby Sis is pretty much P.O.'d during the entire lesson because she wants to be doing what SHE wants to do, and not what the instructor wants her to do. She pretty much has a scowl on her face and her thumb in her mouth the whole time as all the other moms and babies all dance around singing "London Bridge" and splashing. I can just see a little cartoon thought bubble above her head "I am NOT amused". She would much rather be splashing around on her own in the shallow end. Miss Independent.
Big Sis had another soccer game this weekend, every Saturday actually and is doing awesome.
Pre-School is going great for Little Man - he's making lots of friends and learning lots. They had a little Fall Festival last Wed. & he had lots of fun, played games and ate LOTS of candy.
I've been working weekends for the past month or so at one of the farms here in Greenbluff. It is very busy this time of year but that makes the day fly fast. I love my job and the people I work with - I just hate leaving the kids and Brian every weekend. So needless to say Brian and I haven't seen much of eachother lately.... He is gone all week with school & FB and then I work all weekend. He walks in the door and I leave type of thing. The orchard shuts down for the season the beginning of November so not that much longer.
Because of this new hectic weekend schedule I missed out on my niece & nephew's 5th bday party this weekend. Brian took the kids though and they all had a great time. Little Man LOVES playing with all of his cousins and Nana & Papa, and has informed all of us that Uncle Jason is his best friend now, no one else.
NC Football hasn't gone very well this season but the kids and I still go to as many games as we can to cheer them on.
Well - that sums up life for the Gardner's lately. Busy, busy. I personally am counting the days til FB is over (not very supportive, I know). Brian gets annoyed with my grumbling but I think he should take it as a compliment. We love him and want him home!

1 comment:
I hope you're all feeling well soon! There's a lotta stuff going around right now.
Post a Comment