Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer



I feel like I don't have anything that exciting to report on, because our days seem to consist of many of the same things. We went for a long ride on the 4-wheelers today through some paper land. Bailey is learning to ride my quad and she's doing great. She drove 95% of the way today (with me on the back). We barbequed for dinner and are just relaxing now.


Yesterday we took the kids to Cat Tales which was ok.... lots of sleeping big cats. The kids seemed more interested in the water fountains than the cats.


We're finally going to get the opportunity to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary tomorrow night, it was 10 days ago but this is the first chance we've had. Brian was out of town during the week of it helping his mom move. She still has a lot of work ahead of her and we don't envy her!


Brian has NC's Football camp all next week so that should keep him out of trouble. I think he's still going to try and find time to finish painting the brick wall and shed we have outside the house. The wall was bright orange and they both looked pretty shabby. We finally got all the rock out of those landscaping beds (gotta love the free secition on Craigslist) and can wrap up the painting.


I am sad that there's only a bit more than a month til school starts. I've loved our lazy summer here at our new property. The evenings here are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

No comments: