* Raising children. Duh. Fixing snacks. Wiping noses, hands, and faces hundreds of times a day. Changing diapers. Taking to parks. Putting down for naps. Reading books, saying prayers, arranging play-dates. Kissing, loving, adoring. Rinse and Repeat.
* I am a football widow. 95% seriously. Brian is gone before we're up, home long after the kiddos are in bed. Pouring his heart and soul into this program trying to make a difference. In the meantime we all miss him immensely and I occasionally melt down (almost weekly) feeling that I am failing miserably at this attempt at being a single mother. We have a few cherished hours with him on the weekend in between meetings/film.
* Little Man started at a co-operative pre-school. He goes Tues, Wed, Thurs. Wed is family/toddler day so Baby Sis gets to go and participate too (which she is THRILLED about). Wednesdays are also my "work" day so I stay there with the kids and help out. I bring Peanut and wear her in my Moby.
* I am trying to lose about another 15lbs of Baby Peanut Pudge. I head to the Y 3-4 days per week - put the kiddos in the daycare and work out frantically as fast as I can before Peanut is "so DONE" with the daycare. I have recently become addicted to the Zumba classes. Zumba is kind of a latin/aerobic type dance class. We wiggle and swivel our hips and bodies and shake our booties all over the place. It is SO much fun but rather hilarious since I have no rhythm and am so so so NOT a dancer. But I sweat and burn calories so that's all good. Big Sis thinks it's HILARIOUS that an old woman like me is shakin' my booty on the aerobics dance floor. I told her to keep it up and I'll take my moves to her first junior high dance next year. I also have been running a few times a week either on the treadmill or with my friend who lives out here by me. I still don't have much endurance or stamina, but want to be back in the mode for next summer so I can start doing some races again. I'd like to do at least 1 tri and 1 half-marathon. Exercising helps keep me a little bit sane.
* Little Man started Awana at the church which I am STOKED about. He had his very first Bible verse memorized after just one day. Awesome Possum!!! I can't believe he's growing up and can participate in this stuff now.....
* Peanut is growing, changing, and so stinking adorable. She is our smiley little charmer. The baby that everyone dotes on, including the kids. We all adore her. So cute. So smiley. So easy (compared to her brother and sisters).
* Baby Sis is soooo exhausting. She is 2 1/2. Need I say more? Her new favorite thing is cracking eggs on the kitchen floor in the middle of the night. She really, really, really enjoys screaming at ear piercing levels over any slight inconvenience. BUT she's also so flipping funny and full of it. Wild Child. God broke the mold when He made her.
* Big Sis is a soccer stud. She tried out for and made a club team so she spends a good portion of her week and weekends playing soccer. She is in 6th grade now and such a huge help with her brother and sisters.
* Brian is still hot. Seriously - don't know if it's post-pregnancy hormones or what but he's smokin'.
* I was sick A LOT in the 2 1/2 months after I had the baby. #1 I had endometritis - was back in the ER in the days after I gave birth #2 We all had a coming-out-both-ends flu (I know you needed to know that) #3 We all had a severe fever type flu which I got worse than anyone and ended up with 5 different prescriptions and the "worst adult double ear infection" the doctor had ever seen. All this illness seriously got in the way of my plan to be nice and fit and void of any baby weight by now.
* I miss my husband. I can't wait for football to be over. To have my family back together again. To get to DO stuff together as a family. I love how committed he is to his job and am so proud of him and love that he isn't a half-ass coach, BUT on the flip side of that - I hate how it takes him away from us. Even when he IS home he's on the phone with players, other coaches, parents - or he's on the computer - or he's watching film...... We need a vacation. This is complicated by my reference above that we are poor.
* I have become addicted to Facebook. Part of the reason I've slacked on my blogging.
Ok - I'm just going to upload a whole bunch of photos....

2 comments:
You have such a beautiful family! I love the header...they are so cute!
I can't get over how much hair peanut has! Wow! Easy babies are such a blessing, aren't they?! I was blessed with two.
Take care of yourself...hope you and your family stay well!
Have a great week,
Beth
Love the duct tape around the diaper. Genius!
WOW!! You have been busy living life... and your kiddies are growing up so much and they are so cute...
You are a football widow and I am a hunting widow... :(
At least we aren't ACTUAL widows right? :)
Blessings-
Amanda
Post a Comment