Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm Pathetic

Okay - I am a pathetic blogger. I know this. I haven't posted something since Feb. 20th. I seriously don't know how MckMama does it, I only have 2 kids to run after and the time seems to slip away.
Also, I must confess, that if something starts to seem like too much of an obligation then I wig out and lose interest.
I guess you could say that I've been living in the real world the past few weeks.... taking care of my children, my home, my family - and ignoring my bloggy buddies, and blogging obligations (although mainly self imposed and imagined).

Some exciting things...

* I am SO proud of myself... I have been on the treadmill or precor 4-5 days a week for the past couple months consistently now (walking only, running is OUT at this point in my pregnancy) AND I have been swimming laps about 3 days per week and loving it! My swim coach has a great triathlon program that I've been following (although not as strenuously and I def. don't do as much as the plan calls for). But still, I feel like I'm getting a decent workout, I swam 1400 meters the other day (not all at once, I'd take 20-45 second rest breaks here and there between intervals) and was bummed later when I realized that only a few laps more I could've announced that I'd swam a mile! Oh well.

* We have all 3 of the kids in swim lessons at the Y and that is lots of fun as well..... I had visions of Little Man being the next Michael Phelps until Brian & I noticed that he looks, um - well "special" during most of his lesson. Big Sis is doing AWESOME and has come so far, these are her first official swim lessons and she has come amazingly far in just a short time. She's such a natural athlete!

* Big Sis had her 11th birthday, she is growing up and this is killing Brian. He is fighting her growing up tooth and nail - as if he can actually stop it.

* And, perhaps most exciting of all..... (and what has kept me the busiest except for child-rearing) is that I've been busy forming a chapter of Moms In Motion here in my neck of the woods. I love Moms in Motion, participated in all the teams when I lived in town, and missed it tremendously when we moved. It has kept me busy getting it all organized. Our first practice was last Thursday (I am the clipboard/stop-watch holder coach at this point) and it seemed to go well..... I have great plans for the team so hopefully it is a success. Go to www.momsinmotion.com if you want to check it out - there may be one in your neck of the woods! It's an international organization.... 48 states and 4 countries!


* Baseball season has begun for Brian - which means I am now a baseball widow. Summer/Fall I am a Football widow. Spring I am a baseball widow.

* We are signing Little Man up for T-ball through the Y starting in the next few weeks and we are soooo excited!! Brian is going to be a parent-volunteer coach person.

* It is snowing today. Really snowing. I had been convinced that Spring was around the corner. Guess not. I bought a bunch of fruit trees at Costco last week that is going to be part of Brian's Spring Break Project. He is going to put up a very tall (and hopefully deer-proof) fence for my currently non-existant garden. I can't wait!! I have waiting-for-Spring Fever.

So anyway - there is a short summary of mine, and my family's activities.... Not all that exciting I know but keeps me busy none the less!

3 comments:

Beth E. said...

I've missed you! Not because I feel you MUST type a blog...just because you're such a neat person and I enjoy hearing from you! :o)

Sounds like you've been super busy, so I understand not finding time to be on the computer. You're doing a lot of great things and it is gearing up to be even busier for you with Spring coming.

Let me know how that deer fence works. My parents need one for their garden!

Blessings...

Amanda said...

Wow! You are amazing! That moms in motions sounds really neat! Good for you for staying so active and being such a great mommy!!!

You keep on being a rock star!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hey... email me! I still have the Vit D I want to sent to you, but I lost your address in my pre-vacation chaos. Sorry!! Still want to get it toyou!!

I LOVE that your 28 weeks... so good that baby is doing so well!!

God bless-
Amanda